Apoyo en el procesamiento de café, cacao y chocolate
1. DESCRIPTION OF TECHNICAL OFFER:
- PUM has experts with robust experience and practical knowledge, who can advise on improving post-harvesting of the coffee beans, roasting, milling, and packaging. PUM offers assistance in post-harvesting of beans, making cacao powder and chocolate and has experience on making chocolate bonbons, during the total process ('bean to bar').
- It is very important to standardize methods and set quality defaults for process and products. To deliver to retail or wholesale food safe products it is very essential the companies will be able to guarantee their processes by quality certification.
- In most of the above-mentioned topics, PUM offers trainings and instruction on location.
2. TARGET AUDIENCE:
- Small and medium enterprises
- Food processing companies and cooperatives.
3. IMPLEMENTATION PERIOD:
- Advise on location by an expert covers a 2-week period.
- Remote advice covers a period of 8 to 10 weeks.
5. MEANS OF COOPERATION:
- Advisory services on location by experts from the specific sector/field
- Remote advice, one on one or through webinars
- Exchange of knowledge and experience
- (Vocational) Training through workshops, courses, seminars & webinars
- Trade Promotion through Business Links in the Netherlands
6. PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENTS AS OFFEROR:
- Over the past 40 years, PUM made a positive impact on more than 45.000 small and medium-sized companies in developing countries and emerging markets. Read our success stories to find out more; https://www.pum.nl/en
- In 2020, the Food & Beverage Processing team conducted 60 remote coaching sessions. In 2021, the team completed 40 remote coaching sessions. Only one project was completed on-site in Senegal in close contact with the customer due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. The project focused on: product development, increasing production and management capacity, improving technology, quality, packaging and marketing.
This tool is part of theUNIDO´s Indutrial Knowledge Bank (IKB). The IKB is a tripartite mechanism of South-South and triangular cooperation, established to promote the exchange of knowledge and expertise on industrial development in the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean. The analogy to a bank is based on the fact that knowledge (e.g., technical expertise) can be seen as a currency that is exchanged among actors, such as donors and recipients.
In order to apply as a recipient entity to UNIDO´ s technical cooperation tripartite mechanism and benefit from this tool, please contact [email protected] .